Memory Lane - Conrad Stanley
Conrad has over 25 years’ experience in drag racing! He is an exceptional, talented & highly successful Championship winning driver in a wide range of drag racing classes, his collection of Trophies and Cups proves just that. Whilst Conrad is an accomplished, well respected driver, he is also a highly qualified engineer with an attention to detail second to none & oversees the ongoing service and maintenance of the car between rounds to ensure it is fine tuned for success. He has lightening quick reactions, enabling him to challenge the competition from the start (tree). He has immense enthusiasm & dedication to his sport and the Panther Racing UK team and cannot wait to have the opportunity to prove himself once again on the FIA European Pro Stock Circuit with the “Pontiac Grand-AM”.
- 2015 – Driver for Panther Racing UK winning the JS Secure Security Solutions “Top Dragster Bracket Race” in the black “Super Comp Dragster” as seen on Motors TV shown on both Sky, Virgin & Freeview. The season began with an invitation, by the owner, to drive a “6 second Super Pro Dragster” – 200 mph.
- 2014 – Invited as an advisor, by the owner, to mentor him in his “Super Pro Dragster”. Conrad imparted his years of experience and skills enabling the driver to take the car to run a 6 second ¼ mile @ 200 mph.
- 2013 – Time out due to work commitments.
- 2012 – Debut of a new team car, the Chevrolet Vega. This season Conrad devoted his time to coaching his team members who had given time up crewing for him in previous seasons, teaching them to drive the Chevrolet Vega and coaching & supporting them whilst they competed at national level; resulting in round wins into the semi-finals.
- 2011 – Driver for Panther Racing UK with the “FIA Pro Stock Car Grand-AM” & what a fantastic year! Tested the car at the Easter Thunderball and felt on top of the world running a 6.87 @ 200.06 mph and were ready for the rest of the season. Panther Racing UK travelled and competed in the full FIA Pro Stock European Tour with the Pontiac Grand-AM, Conrad as driver, accompanied by Trevor Graves as Crew Chief and full race team. This included competing in Tierp in Sweden, Alastaro in Finland and Hockenheim in Germany & Santa Pod in the UK. With this and some extra testing in Sweden so much was learned. The achievements produced this season were a credit to the team, we placed a respectable 11th in the FIA European championship in the first year! The team were also invited to attend “Caring for Cars” which is a charity event which is a private relaxed event for motoring enthusiasts & “PistonHead” members to meet and get up close to other amazing machines raising money for charity through donations, raffle and auction.
- 2010 - Started well with a Main Event win in “Super Gas” with the Pontiac Firebird, but with plans starting to gather pace, before long the Firebird was parked up and by the end of the summer a deal had been done to purchase the “FIA European Pro Stock Car - Pontiac Grand-AM”, so here we come, Panther Racing UK the 1st “FIA Pro Stock Team”, in the United Kingdom. This year also saw Conrad travelling with Tommy Leindahl and his Pro Stock Cobalt to all the European rounds, giving Conrad first-hand experience of seeing what was involved in running in this class. Whilst at the Hockenheim race meeting a plan was made to try and debut and the licence the Pontiac Grand-AM at the European Finals & Santa Pod. A weekend later with the Firebird we travelled to Malmo, Sweden to meet with Tommy and his crew and collected our new car. With Tommy’s expert advice we went through all the licensing procedures and requirements that weekend and with a full 1/8 mile pass under our belts by Sunday, we packed up the car and headed back on a 1,800 mile journey home, waving as the Firebird headed north with Tommy also to a new home. Next stop 2010 European finals. With 2 full passes under 7.40 a best of 7.26 licence stamped, could it get any better in 2010 – it certainly could we qualified for the 1st round in the Euro finals.
- 2009 – Panther Racing UK had its last season with the Pontiac Firebird. A good start to the season with runner up at the main event and concluded by achieving runner up in the “Santa Pod Super Gas Championship”.
- 2008 - With the team fully to grips with the Pontiac Firebird and already a season of success with the car in 2007, the team approached the 2008 season with the installation of a new data logger, this was an introduction to true data acquisition. With 5 podium finishes we became 2008 National Champions in Super Gas. The team were invited to attend the NEC in Birmingham to participate in the Autosport show where the team took part in demonstrations including “Burn Outs” in the indoor arena, which created a spectacular showcase.
- 2007 – Driver for Panther Racing UK successfully taking the Pontiac Firebird to win the “National Championship” & “Divisional Championship” at two different tracks & placing runner up for the “Super Gas Championship”. The team took part in a Charity event for a Northampton school demonstrating the car and raising money for handicapped children. Panther Racing UK were also invited by the owner Elo, to exhibit the Pontiac Firdbird at the London Motor museum to promote the museum & motor industry.
- 2006 - Purchased Pontiac Firebird from Texas USA completed licencing for car and driver in the UK and tested the car at Santa Pod UK.
- 2005 - The formidable forces of Conrad Stanley and Trevor Graves join together and Panther Racing UK is born! Driving the “Chevy Vega” the team were placed 3rd in the “Super Gas National Championship”.
- 2004 - Super Gas Track Champion at Santa Pod and Avon Park Raceway and over all National Champion. Won “Most Professional Appearing Team”.
- 2003 - Ran the Chevy Vega in “Super Gas” and “Super Street” classes with various National Event wins, in both classes and was runner-up in Super Street in both the Santa Pod and National Championships. Finished in the top 5 for Super Gas & finished 3rd in Hockenheim in Super Street. Invited to Cheltenham Racecourse to show the car at a National Power Weekend.
- 2002 - Purchased Chevy Vega and in 1st meeting won the Perfect Light Award and took the No 1 qualifying spot. Successfully raced the Vega in “Pro ET” and “Super Street” classes. Modified the engine in the winter of 2002 to gain more power. Also during this season taught Anna, my daughter, at the age of 8 yrs old